Saturday, November 1, 2008

Excercise, tubes and cameras!

Ever since the transplant I've been staying with Holly at her parent's house. Everyone there has been amazingly kind and I feel like a part of the family now. I think it helped both of us to have each other around to rest and watch TV together.

It was very nice to be able to venture outside with Holly for a couple of short walks. It made us both feel more normal and closer to recovery. We took some cool photos by the river and sat watching people go by.

It was only after the walks that we realised we need to rest more as we were both exhausted and subsequently fell asleep for a couple of hours!

On Thursday, Holly and I had a follow up appointment back at the hospital and thankfully the doctors told us that everything was going as smoothly as it could do. I think we both had a few questions and worries that we wanted to get sorted and so it was nice to hear comforting words. Holly also had her final tube removed which meant about 3 hours waiting for a 5 minute procedure but she is tubeless at last!! YAY!

The rest of the day was spent taking pictures with my new camera! Holly and her family surprised me on Wednesday evening with one of the best presents I have ever received! I have added a link to my online album that I will be using. So far the camera hasn't left my side and I'm sure I'll be taking pictures like a pro in no time! Thank you Holly!!!!

4 comments:

craftyclaire said...

Very nice present but I'm sure they would agree that it is nothing compared to the present you have given them, Holly's health. I am glad that you are both well enough to get out and about. You both look happy and well in the photo, may you feel that way for a long time.

Unknown said...

What can I say. I love you guys, and thank you for sharing your story with us.

Urg, that sounds so sappy but I mean it! I'd hug you if I could!

Not too hard mind; don't want to bust any stitches :p

gastrosurgery. said...

interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thank you...


Bloatedness

Unknown said...

his is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work. Surveillance Cameras